Sunday, November 23, 2008

Brand Spankin' New

It is a very strange thing to start an entirely new blog after being on xanga (www.xanga.com/tinajoy_2000) for four years. I feel like I need to change my writing style or at least write a stunning first post.... But that's not going to happen.

I switched from xanga because basically it sucks. I have high expectations for blogspot. Also, though this has nothing to do with why I switched, it is refreshing to be away from all my political ranting and raving posts. I've learned a lot about the power of blogs in dumping feelings and upsetting people.

And I'm going through a lot of transitions right now, getting ready to move to Maui in two weeks (from today!), so this is a natural time to be done with my college blog.

Oh, SAD! On xanga, you can post what you're currently reading/watching/listening to, and on here you can't. That makes me really unhappy.

5 comments:

Senia said...

The switch was definitely worth it, because now I can leave you comments! :-)

So excited to see you in a couple of days! :-)

Rantipole15 said...

Very nice, KJ! I'd switch to blogger too if I wasn't so invested in livejournal...I've got so many old friends I keep in touch with there that I'm kind of stuck.

Wu-zy Whatsit said...

this is a lot easier to view for people who don't have the same blog variety. i like. oh, and i'm behind on the letters again, i'll try to write on today or tomorrow. sorry!

Jeanie said...

Yo! I'm switching to blogspot too and deleting xanga so we can leave comments on each others :)
plus, you're right, it's easier to look at.

Jennifer said...

haha I made the switch earlier. You'll love it.

:)