Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Daydreams

Exactly two weeks, ten hours, and ten minutes from right now, I'll be getting off the plane in Portland. I'll be a little stiff from the flight, carrying a heavy backpack, my jeans will be all wrinkly and stretched out from sitting, my heart will be racing and doing those little weird jumps of nervous excitement. I'll follow my fellow plane-mates along the concourse in the direction of signs stating "baggage claim." I'll enter the baggage claim room, big round conveyor belts and clumps of people spreading into my range of vision. I won't care yet which contraption is going to spit out my luggage, I'll be scanning the crowd for familiar faces. And then I'll see them.... my parents to my right, holding a jacket for me, smiling; and Isaac to my left, my excitement reflected exactly in his own grin. In my imagination, I wonder who I'll run to first, but honestly, I think I know. Nothing against my parents (I LOVE YOU!!!!! and I can't WAIT to see you too!!!!), but I am SO excited to hug and kiss a real, live Isaac again after three and a half months of cold, unfeeling technology (It's just not the same to hug a phone, you know?). Can it really be only two weeks?

3 comments:

Wu-zy Whatsit said...

awwww, enjoy the reunion!

Senia said...

I hope your reunion is this magical. I always end up on the 5:00pm Duluth/9:30pm Minneapolis flight, so by the time I get home at 11:30pm (1:30am Central time!) I am crabby and want to go to bed -- despite my idealized images of wonderful reunions!

(YAY! TWO WEEKS! You can do it! :-))

Jennifer said...

yay!! I am excited for your reunion!! Reunions are fun! And I love the way you phrased "...months of cold, unfeeling technology." Um yes! Hugging phones is SO LAME compared to hugging people! I totally understand! LDRs are rough! But I am glad you made it an I am glad you get to see your man soon!