Monday, January 4, 2010

Portland

First, totally random side-note...Dubai is crazy:

World's Tallest Building



And also, my time in Portland is almost over! I'm not really sure how to summarize. It has been crazy busy; today is the first day I won't be out from early morning until late at night. Some highlights:

-Airport arrival, meeting Isaac and my parents late at night
-Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family, Isaac getting in on all the traditions (pretty much opposite of the way he was raised)
-Christmas day dinner with Isaac's family (aunt and uncle and cousins and their fams)
-Snowshoeing on Mount Hood
-Spending a lot of time downtown (LOVE IT), exploring, eating, figuring out the bus system
-Jeanie visiting for two days
-Meeting up with Scott (he's from Grants Pass, OR) and having a Maui reunion in Portland
-New year's eve with the afore mentioned friends and my cousins Tasha, Ursula, and Narada, spontaneously joining them and Uncle Gary and Aunt Gloria for game night
-Driving to Seaside with Betsey and Uncle Willem and Aunt Carol, driving back (I was driving) through Portland's once annual snowfall (one-hour drive became five-hour drive)
-Briefly seeing Senia and Minda and fams (not long enough, as usual...)

I have pics of it all:

A Portland-y Holiday

On to Spokane on Wednesday (SOOOOOOOO pumped to see Wescombes and Grandma) and then to Seattle on the 11th.

No comments: