Sunday, February 14, 2010

Three new ones

I had to write the last two entries from my room and wait until I had internet to post them. I found out there's a little internet place just down the street; it's a little crowded and the connection is slow but it's cheap and it's so nice to know it's here. I was getting desperate because the school is closed on the weekends and I can't find anywhere else with wifi.

Yesterday was good but really tiring. With Nit, Eng, and Janice, a couple students and the teacher of the public speaking class, I went on this river boat tour for about 8 hours (including bus, sky train, and ferries). We stopped and saw a couple temples and a barge museum. I'm not a big tour or museum person, but I love seeing new things and watching people, and it's nice to get to know some people. I know they appreciate practicing their English, too, and I'm glad I can help that way. Then I went to Chinatown with Rung, Ohn, who works in the Santisuk nursery, and Ohn's 17-year-old daughter Gwang. After a minor fiasco where the break lights on the Santisuk truck got stuck on and we had to find a repair shop, we had fun in Chinatown the night before Chinese New Year. Saw the pretty lights and the crowds of people, ate some good food (like no Chinese food I've had in the U.S.), rode some tuk tuks around, and saw a huge flower market.

Today my student Puky isn't able to get together, but I'm actually kind of glad for some time alone. This morning I met with the women in my small group and had lunch afterwards. From here I'll probably go to a coffee shop and do some reading and writing. Ahhh.

1 comment:

Wu-zy Whatsit said...

I'm glad to hear you sounding more upbeat! You're doing a great job! There's a letter on its way, too, btw. :) Love you!