Thursday, July 1, 2010

There's something about this time of life...

What is it about the early post-college years? So many crazy ups and downs, uncertainty and excitement and joy and terror....

Right now I'm in an excitement phase. I'm planning out details for stuff like car registration (lots of money, yuck) and I'm about to register for classes! I got a packet from EWU with a course list, info about Spokane, and a list of my new classmates. It's real--there are 9 other real people with real names starting a two-year poetry adventure with me. (One of them is another Kristina, haha. Great.)

And Isaac and I are tentatively moving forward. We still have things to work through, but I have this weird sense of peace feeling like for whatever reason, God purposely has us in this time of uncertainty. It's not a bad thing, even though it's miserable at times, and it doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with our relationship. If nothing else, I'm learning what it truly means to focus on God and release all my anxieties to him.

3 comments:

Wu-zy Whatsit said...

So excited for you! And yay about Isaac--still praying! :) I miss you!

Cara Strickland said...

Kristina! You're in Spokane?
Can we be friends and hang out and stuff?
I would love to catch up and have some writer contact!
Cara

Judith Hougen said...

So good to see you last week! I will be praying for you and Isaac and your transition to Spokane. I'm excited for you to start EWU! Take care, Kristina.