Sunday, November 14, 2010

I was mistaken in my ridiculous belief that Spokane was pretty much sunny the whole year. We're into our second month of always-gray skies, and it's really messing with me--it's this odd, claustrophobic feeling that I'm half-asleep all the time, waiting and waiting and waiting for morning that never comes.

It fits great with the blahs that come toward the end of the quarter and the anxiety about winter weather and about the responsibility and time commitment I'll be taking on at the Writers' Center. And of course the general anxiety about life--future, relationships, guilt that I'm not good enough, etc. etc.

There have been positives too, of course. Been hanging out with people a lot. Spontaneously went to a Josh Ritter concert with Erica and a couple of her friends. Had coffee with Cara. Explored the Davenport Hotel with Natalie. Went to "Begin," this free event at the MAC (Museum of Arts and Culture--It's in Browne's), with Ann and Isaac and some people from church. Drove to Idaho with Isaac because we've been so stuck in Spokane (we started to drive around Coeur D'Alene Lake and then found out it would take a few hours, and we were almost out of gas and it was getting dark[er]. It was beautiful though!). Got my hair cut. Went to small group (pardon me, "missional community"). Submitted a few poems to a contest.

I posted some more pics to my album, from Ken and Maile's visit and our drive and a couple other things:


No comments: