Monday, February 29, 2016

Multipurpose Travel Journal

I love things that are multipurpose. For example: benches with storage space; sleeper sofas and futons; shoes that look nice, match everything, and that I can walk in for hours; and African kangas, bolts of fabric that you can wear, use as tablecloths, or carry babies in.

I like journals to be multipurpose as well. I'm sporadic with writing in a journal, but I do tend to fill up and treasure travel journals. They're packed with all kinds of things--chronicles of events, in-depth descriptions, prayers, photos, ticket stubs, bits of napkins with hotel or coffee shop logos, postcards, poem ideas. I'm scrappy, and I like to collect small, pretty, free things.

For our upcoming trip, I enhanced a journal I got as a gift a couple years back so that I can use it for many different things. As you can see, it's a bit random:

 The front. In case I forget (though I won't).


-------

The back. Turns out the days in 2011 line up with the days in 2016, so I am reusing this March calendar that I've saved for 5 years.


-------

Each city has a checklist page so I can note the things we do there.


-------

I tucked in some coloring pages.



-------

 Inside the front and back cover there are pockets for loose bits of things, like crossword puzzles.



-------

I wrote poems on some pages, a few favorites and these haiku-like Japanese ones.


-------

Here are frames I'll add once I print pictures.


Here's to mixed media travel journaling. :)

No comments: