Thursday, August 20, 2009

Completely Totally Overwhelmed and Exhausted and Drained

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME

to...

think
work
maintain communication with friends all over the country and world
develop relationships with people in Maui
have a boyfriend
be involved in a church
take writing seriously
apply to volunteer in Thailand
exercise
hike
go to the beach
learn anything new
read...my bible, poetry, fiction, nonfiction, articles
research, organize, and plan for the present and future
stay updated on world news
watch movies
go to coffee shops
cook
save money
buy a new laptop
sort through and get rid of what I don't need
volunteer
make lists
be excited, nostaligic, optimistic, or sad
enjoy Maui while I'm still here
remember things
take breaks for the sake of sanity
be alone
decide which of these things are unimportant enough to give up

It's so frustrating I just want to cry and give up on it all. Instead of doing anything, I waste my time blogging about it.

2 comments:

The Spicy Chickadee said...

This probably won't make you feel better but even though the demands only grow as you get older, it does get easier to prioritize. Or maybe it's that I just end up doing what has to be done versus the things I want to get done. Unfortunately there is never enough time to do everything. I find that blogging about the situation I find myself in can sometimes help me see things more clearly and distinguish needs from wants.

Senia said...

I wish I could offer some sound advice, but... I can't! All I can suggest is just to make sure you allow plenty of "you" time amidst all of your responsibilities/interests/desires. I think that always has to be a priority and everything else will, ultimately, fall into place.

Hang in there!