Thursday, February 19, 2009

Perfect Day

Today was my day off, and it was pretty much the best day EVER. I'm about to go into excruciating detail about it, so if you get bored easily, skip to the end and click on the link to see new pics on facebook.

This morning I got up as early as possible (8:45), had a blueberry bagel (thank you Joni for the awesome groceries!), and took a long walk on the beach, chatting with Martha on the phone. I came back, did some laundry, went to the post office, had a coconut macaroon latte at the Green Banana Cafe, tried to write poetry and failed miserably, lay in a hammock at the Lodge and read a good book, watched The Office online, had a bit of success working on another piece of writing, did pilates, ate some beef curry and broccoli and had a beer, practiced doing headstands (pilates is improving my balance--physical balance, that is), watched Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, and now I'm picking up wifi in the doorway of our shack. All in all, a very successful day in that it restored my sanity.

Click to check out some new pictures (surfing lesson!) at the end of my album:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That really does sound perfect! (even the poetry part) :D

Senia said...

Sounds like an awesome day! What kind of Pilates are you doing?

(P.S. I've started drinking tea with milk since I was at your house... :-))