Monday, February 9, 2009

I forget...did I come to Maui to work?

Oh, I am so behind! It's strange to be blogging again. I'll try not to get into my frustration about working way more than I should be and hardly having any time to myself and all that (this is the first time I've been able to sit down at my computer for 4 or 5 days). It's been making me a cranky person lately.

A couple semi-big items of news: first, Jeanie's mom gets here tonight! It'll be cool to do some touristy stuff with her (although I'll be working quite a bit this week) and show off our little home again. She's staying in a few other towns around the island, not on our termite-crumbed couch :) Second, we got the alignment on our car fixed after one of our tires shredded as Jeanie was driving home from work. She was great and handled getting someone to put our spare on and taking it in to the shop while I worked all day. The car runs a lot smoother, though it may just be a temporary fix if something else is actually messing the alignment up.

I've had some fun this week in addition to working like mad. While Jeanie worked Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday nights, I hung out with people...went to a Hope Chapel thing (I wish SO bad I was able to go more often. I don't even have Sunday mornings or Friday nights off to go to church), ran some errands, went out for dinner, watched some movies. It's awesome to get to know people and have stuff to do, but I am craving some empty and alone time. Hope to get a little this evening. :)

2 comments:

W. MacLeod said...

It stinks that you're so busy, but I'm glad you have had the chance to blog a bit. I've missed hearing about life in Hawaii! Hope something changes and you get a few chances to rest.

Wu-zy Whatsit said...

doesn't it rankle (even though i'm happy for them) that our parents are enjoying mombasa together right now? :) hang in there--oh, and i should finish my letter to you shortly. love!