Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sorry, a Bit of Complaining

Ah, I'm picking up wireless in my little shack, which is much nicer than sitting outside getting bitten by mosquitos at the Lodge.

I'm taking a break from editing the memoir I was working on a while back. I finished it and sent it back to the writer, she accepted/rejected the corrections I made in track changes mode, and now I'm looking over it once more. If I ever do this again, I'm going to charge more than I did...especially for manuscripts over 200 pages...especially if the writer is going to ignore half of my changes and then expect me to find new stuff the second time I read it over. It's not like deleting the spaces after hyphens or adding quotation marks around quotations were simply suggestions. I think the worst part, though, is changing every space after a period from double to single--so tedious! Anyway, so this is what I want to do with the rest of my life....

Now that I'm not so crazy with work, I've had some time to kick back and read and watch movies. I saw Capote, which was interesting, and read No Touch Monkey, which was hilarious, and now I'm reading House of Sand and Fog and Everything is Illuminated. I like them so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is Illuminated is oh so good. and bizarre. beware of the *ahem* parts. but, I mean, whatever. if you like his stuff, you should also read stuff by his wife, Nicole Krause.

and have fun becoming a pro-surfer. you should try to read books while surfing.