Sunday, May 16, 2010

I added some pictures to my album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2047257&id=110900370&l=28b002e483

And I made an album for Laos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2047596&id=110900370&l=e000c91d24

Good news--I got the GSA in the Writer's Center at EWU!! The interview was only OK, so I was surprised to hear back quickly. What a HUGE blessing and relief. I'm sure it'll be a big job (tutoring and being the administrative "go-to" person organizing workshops), but it'll be worth it not to have to worry about finances.

Had a good, short trip to Cambodia last weekend. I got a beautiful one-page visa for a five-minute stay in the country, haha. My passport is overflowing with pride these days.

Last night my small group had a goodbye party for me. About eight of my students came, and it was really fun. Isaac and I have three more goodbye meals/parties this week. What a crazy week this will be.

Lately I've been struggling a lot with uncertainty, particularly about my relationship with Isaac.... We have a lot of ups and downs trying to figure out what comes next, and I'm often frustrated that even when I think I'm trusting God, he doesn't reveal his answers to me. I love these quotes by Oswald Chambers:

"God does not tell you what He is going to do--He reveals to you who He is."

"Certainty is the mark of the commonsense life—gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life."

"To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, not knowing what tomorrow may bring."

"We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God. As soon as we abandon ourselves to God and do the task He has placed closest to us, He begins to fill our lives with surprises."

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

love your OC quotes! Jealous of your passport filling! I feel like you just left for this adventure and now it's almost over already! Crazy how time flies! Sorry to hear you have uncertainties. Just don't stop communicating with each other. No matter what! If it's meant to work out and you keep the lines of communication open, it'll all work out fine! :) <3