Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's been a while!

So, it's late Saturday afternoon, and Jeanie is working and I am making big plans for the night...post on my blog, add pictures to facebook, walk on the beach, cook something, write, read, make a CD mix. It's a strange shift in gears now that we are working almost full time (and on different days, too, it seems). It's definitely real life. What's a bummer is that when we finally do both have a full day off, it rains, so we can't go to the beach or take a surfing lesson or go for a hike or do any of the fun stuff we want to do. On Wednesday, it was pouring, and we went to see Benjamin Button, which was really good...but no surfing lesson.

Work is going well. In a way, it was nice to just get thrown into it, because it makes me learn things much more quickly. Working in a coffee shop is infinitely better than working in a restaurant--not only are people more laid back (I work closing shifts, as opposed to the business lunches I served at Axel's), but it's actually fun to make the coffee drinks. It gets busy and a little stressful, but I think the part that's actually most stressful for me is trying to close in an hour with only two people. We have to be let out by a manager, so we only have a certain amount of time to get everything done, and we can't start early because we're both busy taking orders and making drinks until the last minute. It's ridiculous.

I found out that both Luke and Owen Wilson were in Paia in the last month. So were Carlos Santana and Lenny Kravitz. How do I miss these things? I'm actually quite disappointed about Luke and Owen...though I also found out which house is theirs, so I can wait outside the gate in my free time, hoping they'll come back for a visit. (I'm KIDDING.)

I updated my facebook album with some pictures of the bamboo hike:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2034249&l=ea731&id=110900370

No comments: