Monday, March 9, 2009

Julie and Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain

It has been awesome having Julie here! I love friends. Friday night was amazing--we went to church and then to Sansei for sushi with David and Loretta afterwards. It was the first time since moving here that I felt like I wasn't just hanging out with people but was really having good, loud, crazy fun with real friends. They do karaoke at Sansei, and it was a lot of fun (even though no, I didn't sing--into a microphone anyway). The sushi was delicious! Hooray for raw fish.

Other than that, we went to Wailea one night and that's it. We've been working, obviously, and on top of that it has been raining nonstop, which is highly unusual for this late in the winter. Since last Wednesday when Julie got here, we have had literally twenty minutes of sun. Period. Twenty minutes in four days. OK, I realize that many people back home think I'm whiny for complaining about the weather here when it is negative thirty and snowing there...but keep in mind that I moved four thousand miles away from home just so that I could live in a warm, sunny place. So I get to be bummed when it's rainy and 60 degrees.

Tonight was nice. After Jeanie and I got off work, we all sat on the porch in the sprinkles and had pineapple wine and homemade chocolate chip banana bread. It was so romantic.

No comments: