Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Schedule Crap and Happy Things

Julie's coming tomorrow!!!!! I'm so excited :) She'll be visiting for a week, during which she'll follow us around to work, because no matter how hard we try, we can't get days off...EXCEPT that I traded my Friday closing shift for an opening one, so I've got Friday night off, and Jeanie traded to get her Saturday night off, so that's pretty much amazing. I get to go to church for the first time in a month!!!! Who knew that could be so exciting? I'm frustrated beyond belief that over two weeks ago I requested Friday and Saturday off, and I didn't get them. And I asked our manager, Kris, if Jeanie and I could have a couple of the same shifts because we share a car (earlier on, she said she'd be flexible/open to our scheduling conflicts and transportation situation), and she said if it worked out, she would, but she didn't. I don't like her as much as I did when I first started working there :( Have I mentioned yet that Jeanie and I have only had one day off together in the last several weeks? We have exactly opposite schedules. Other than the fact that I hate how I am scheduled for both of my jobs, life is good right now. Julie's coming!!! And my parents are back in MN, so I can talk to them on the phone again :)

And I looked over my banking info and found out I'm only $400 short of what I came with. That's pretty amazing considering I bought half of a car and went more than a month in expensive Hawaii with no income.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello long lost friend!
I stumbled upon the link to your blog in my overly crowded inbox today, and now so I won't miss any more posts, I've added you to my google reader.

We miss you here. "We" being me, and I suppose Ainsley; although she has never met you. At least not here in the outside world.

Love ya,
Amanda

P.S. I'm glad Julie's coming. You seem pretty happy about that. :)