Saturday, March 28, 2009

More Late-Night Adventures

I feel like a true introvert: It is Saturday night and all I want to do is stay in and hang out by myself after a busy week. I'm working on three loads of laundry because our dryer was broken for several days and I was digging dirty polos out to wear to work and it was just wrong.

I changed my availability at work so I could have my Friday nights off, and so far so good! My hours were cut down to 16 next week, which might make it hard to make ends meet, but it's still worth it to be able to go to church and then join all my friends in the after-parties :) Yesterday I went to Sansei (that sushi/karaoke place) with a big group of people and of course had tons of fun. I might have mentioned Brook's friends Scott and Josh, but I don't think I mentioned that they are cool enough to be able to pull off things like wearing bright yellow skinny pants and living in a tent in a macadamia nut field. Oh, and they are from Oregon, so naturally that puts them pretty high on the coolness scale already :)

After we left Sansei, Jeanie, David, and I squeezed into Brook's truck and he drove us partway up Haleakala to this field where you can see the lights from basically the whole island. The top of Haleakala is one of the best places in the world for stargazing, but unfortunately it was a little too cloudy to see much. We sat in the grass and froze our butts off, smoked some cigars, walked past the first few trees into the dark woods, and tried to freak each other out. I feel so lucky to have friends who enjoy doing what I would consider fun things. Almost everyone I've met on Maui is adventurous, outdoorsy, and chill all at the same time, and so quick to invite people on hikes or to parties or whatnot.

After getting to bed around 4, Jeanie and I rose bright and early at 8 to go visit her best friend Elyse's parents, who are here on vacation. We lay in the sun and wind at a nice resort in Kaanapali and swam in the pool until she had to go to work. I am tired.

By the way, I took all of two pictures last night--how lame that now that I actually have people to take pictures of, I don't--but I'm going to wait to post them until I have some more to add.

No comments: