Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Strange Week....

It has been an interesting week. Some ups and downs, learning about my own selfishness and about being a good friend.... I've been a little off recently. In some ways I like who I'm becoming in Hawaii and in other ways I don't. Julie leaves tomorrow and Jeanie and I move back to our place and back to routine. Hopefully that will mean eating healthier and spending less money.

Today was gloriously sunny, FINALLY, and we got up early and went snorkeling. The highlight was seeing two turtles!

In other news, I found out I have a secret admirer at Border's. The other night I found a letter to me on the drink serving board, and it was from one of our regular customers who I didn't actually remember but who apparently has a huge crush on me, and he also informed me of an entire unofficial Kristina fan club consisting of our male customers. It was incredibly flattering--in fact, I have probably been blushing for three days straight. Anyway, I agreed to go out for lunch with him on Sunday after I figured out who he was and after emailing a bit. I'm not super excited about it--in fact, I frequently regret agreeing--but I like free food and I need to get over my dating anxiety. Oh, and he seems like a really nice guy.

Julie and David are listening to Adventures in Odyssey right now and I am silently (or not so silently) teasing/mocking them. Oh, Focus on the Family....no comment.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that you have a secret admirers club. :)

Have fun on your date! I totally understand dating anxiety. I have it big time! hahaha.

Love you, lady!

Senia said...

I can't wait to hear about the date!!! That's VERY flattering!

My mom and I met your mom for coffee yesterday. Wish you could have been there (But glad you were enjoying the glorious sunshine there!)