Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Real House

Today is a good day. Julie is here! Her plane got in nice and early last night, so we hung out in Kahului for a bit, picked Jeanie up and work, and then chatted and laughed and caught up at our place 'til the wee hours of the morning. I forget how nice it is to have sleep-overs :) Jeanie and I had to clean this morning, and she just left to work at SBC, but I have the night off. We moved our stuff over to Retha's because we are house-sitting for the first week of the month she's gone, and it is unbelievably nice to be in a peaceful, real house. Everything is so clean and calm and not falling apart; I have completely forgotten what it's like to be in a house. I feel like I'm on vacation even though I know I have to work. And oh my word, I just realized she has a huge mango tree in her back yard!! Maybe some will be ripe enough to eat.

No comments: