Monday, March 30, 2009

My Maui Dad Can Kick Your Butt

Have I mentioned Peter, one of our managers at Border’s? He is a few years younger than my parents, a big gruff ex-bouncer who’s a softie at heart. Jeanie and I have gotten to be pretty good friends with him, and he’s made it clear that he’s watching out for us, like when we leave for the night, he’ll stay outside until we get to our car. Or this one time when on my day off I came in with one guy and talked to another while I was there, he told me to be careful, it was a small island and he didn’t want me to get a reputation or for him to have to break up any fights (especially between a local guy and a haole, I realize now). Though he has absolutely nothing to worry about, it makes me feel special (warm and fuzzy, in fact) to know an ex-bouncer’s got my back. He said Jeanie and I could call him dad, too. :)

1 comment:

Senia said...

That is super cute!!!

Have you seen your parents yet?!