Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bamboo forest

Today after cleaning for a bit, Jeanie, David, and I hiked through this awesome bamboo forest on the way to Hana. It was a pretty intense at times, slippery and steep, and we had to use ropes and ladders and stuff. I'm still new enough to the island that I think bamboo forests are one of the coolest things in the entire world, the way they are so dense and have bizarre angles. The best part of the hike was swimming up a river between rock walls, climbing up a mini waterfall, and cliff-jumping off rocks into a pool. It was freezing but so exhilerating! I'll add pics in a bit.

2 comments:

W. MacLeod said...

This sounds AMAZING! Can't wait to see pictures!

jenna said...

Hi, Kristina - This is Jenna Shaw. Maybe this is random, but I found the link to your blog on facebook and just wanted to let you know that I love reading about your adventures over in the Pacific. Makes my life here in Iowa (just for a few more months...) seem awfully boring. :)