Monday, January 5, 2009

One Month!

Today is our official one-month anniversary with the island of Maui! Is that hard for anyone besides me to believe? It doesn't seem like it's been that long. (And it comes with a small twinge of guilt that I don't have a job yet. I could be trying a lot harder.)

Yesterday we went to Holly and Maria's church in Wailuku. I think it's a four-square church, so pretty different than I'm used to, but still good. Then we joined the Hope Chapel people for volleyball on Big Beach again, which was fun :) Our team lost all four times we played, but they were good games. It was nice to see that some of the same people were there, so we might actually make friends if we go often enough. We made spaghetti for dinner on our ONE burner (and then resorted to using the griddle to heat up the sauce). It took an hour to make it all. Then of course we found it necessary to walk the 50 feet to the gelatto shop and try some new flavors--this time I had tiramisu, but the mint strattiacelli is still the best!

I bought a cooling pad thing for my laptop; now I'm basically holding my breath and crossing my fingers and knocking on wood and hoping it lives at least until I'm putting as much into savings as I'm taking out and can buy a new one.

3 comments:

Senia said...

Happy One-Month Anniversary!

And PLEASE - more pics!!! Especially of your new house. :-)

W. MacLeod said...

Hard for me to believe! Seems so short!

Senia said...

Oops, nevermind- found the Facebook album. :-)