Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Visitor!

Our friend Lauren is coming from Wisconsin tonight! Her mom works for Northwest, so she gets great deals on flights and spontaneously booked a flight out here. It'll be awesome to have our very first guest :)

The memoir editing is going very slowly, not because there's tons of stuff to change, but for some reason it's a lot more time-consuming than I realized. In the end, I'll probably have made about $3 an hour. Awesome.

That pro surfer, Keala, introduced herself to me today. I get star-struck so easily, but I like to pretend I don't know people are famous, maybe because I think they must get sick of people making a big deal out of them.

It is SUPER windy today, and the town has a pleasant (not) scent of sugar cane factory. I worriedly asked a couple people if there was going to be a hurricane, but they assured me that because Maui is between other islands, it hardly ever gets hit, and if it does, there's plenty of warning. Maui has these tremendous, massive clouds that in MN would indicate tornados but here are just cool to look at.

No comments: