Thursday, December 25, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is a Tan

...and I got one. It was a really good day. Hm, "really good" is kind of an understatement. It was kind of the most perfect Christmas you could imagine (besides being away from family, of course). Jeanie and I went to Wailea late this morning and found a spot on the beach in front of the Grand. Holly was working at the Volcano Bar, and she hooked us up with free drinks, Dip 'n Dots, and nachos. Awesome! Then this guy, Joe, who bore a very pleasant resemblance to Eric Bana, befriended us. We played volleyball, and he got us wristbands to swim in the pool--we slid down the waterslides, swung off a rope into the pool, sat at a table at the bar IN the water, got pushed down the current of the fake river, stood under the waterfall, and sat in the hot tub. Joe was actually a fairly interesting guy--obviously a little spoiled and rich, since his family goes somewhere exotic for Christmas every year, but also adventurous. He has a goal of climbing to the highest peak of every state, and he's already gotten to 30 of them. Anyway, after parting ways with Joe (and his brother), we played more volleyball on the beach as the sun set, then wandered around a little bit more and watched some hula in the lobby. Now we're going to chill with some wine and movie, and I'm sure we will sleep well tonight :)

Oops, I forgot to finish writing about Christmas Eve. The candle light service was really cool, and there was a dessert buffet thing afterwards. Jeanie and I met up with Holly at Longhi's as she was getting off work and hung out there for a while. I'm finally able to stay up past 11 without getting tired. We came home around 12:30 and opened our few little presents by the light of the candles we took from the church service.

2 comments:

Senia said...

Sounds awesome! I have to say, I'm a bit jealous of all your adventures!!! Way to make the best of your first Christmas away from home!

Jennifer said...

aww! Merry Christmas to you!! I'm glad you got your tan!! :D And yay for dippin dots! I love those things!