Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Highlights

I'm writing less frequently because there is less to write about. Here are some highlights:

-It's hot and sunny and beautiful here. Yesterday the warmest city in the country was Kahului :)

-Jeanie and I went to this great beach way south of Kihei to play volleyball with some people from Hope Chapel. It was fun to play, though we are both very out of practice. I think we will go back again--they play every Sunday afternoon and then watch the sunset.

-We also went to Tommy Bahama's and ate fries and cheesecake and listened to some great acoustic guitar guy, then wandered around the Grand Wailea--which, being one of the most amazing hotels in the world, was pretty awesomely decorated for Christmas. There is a mini forest right in front, and every single tree was wound with lights. I think we might just go sit in the lobby on Christmas day :)

-I miss my parents and my dog A LOT right now. Maybe because it's almost Christmas. I'm not depressed or anything, but I can cry at the drop of a hat if I let myself.

-We filled up Haiku's gas tank and calculated the MPG to be 28. Not fantastic, but he is almost 20 years old, and we did take him on some crazy hills on the Hana drive.

-Jeanie's at the doctor again because her stupid itchy things won't go away. How frustrating :(

1 comment:

Senia said...

I love your updates!!! I check your blog daily. Sometimes multiple times a day (Shh!) :-)

I'm sorry you're missing home right now, but that's definitely to be expected. I hope you and Jeanne are able to do something fun for Christmas (sitting in the lobby of the Grand Wailea (sp?) sounds like a pretty great idea to me!).

Hope things continue to go well. Merry Christmas! :-)

P.S. Did you hear the snow followed me home to Vancouver?! We have close to 10" of snow. Crazy!