Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Now the hard part begins

Our days are getting considerably less interesting. Yesterday we worked a few hours again (we're halfway to our deposit!), doing touch-ups at a couple of the long-term rentals. I can't wait for the awkward day when I walk in while someone is chilling in their house naked, or at the very best is clothed but sits and watches me clean everything.

We also tried in vain a second time to set up our PO box. It was VERY annoying; they need a formal rental agreement, which we (and half of Paia) didn't sign to rent a room. So we have to go buy a form at Office Max.

So anyway, I'm realizing everything we got done the first week was actually the easy part of moving to a new place. I was hoping somehow this wouldn't happen, but now that we don't have as much to do, it's getting lonely. People mostly just "hang out" here for fun, so unless you have a group to hang out with, you sit and twiddle your thumbs in the evening as you watch episodes of Scrubs. I miss my parents and my friends. It's hard to be motivated to go out and intentionally start new friendships. In fact, it sucks.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

"It's hard to be motivated to go out and intentionally start new friendships. In fact, it sucks."

Yes, yes it does suck. This is where my introverted side shines through rather brilliantly. ;)