Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It Is Still 2008!!!

I'd just like to say that we are still three hours away from midnight; Hawaii is the second to last place in the world to welcome in the new year. It's kind of exciting, for some reason. Jeanie and I had big plans to party it up at Longhi's, but we hung out in Kihei for like four hours--bought some lamps at the thrift store and some awesome batiks from this guy in the Walmart parking lot--and it was only 7, so we gave up and came back to Paia, where we'll probably hang out at Jacques. At least we won't have to worry about a long drive back with a whole bunch of drunk drivers on the road.

I have a couple random things to say:

-I hate turning left in Maui. There are tons of two-lane highways with endless strings of traffic, which would be absolutely impossible to ever turn left on if people weren't such nice drivers and let you in.

-And actually, I've forgotten the two other things I was going to say; I just know there were two of them.

No comments: