Saturday, December 13, 2008

An Uneventful Day

I canceled my interview at Maui Dive Shop. It's not even that I'd mind terribly doing an interview--I've gotten fairly good at them--but I felt that it'd be unfair to waste their time since I know for sure I wouldn't take the job, and I also don't feel like finding out how awesome it is and what I'm missing out on. So that's that.

I've applied for bunches of jobs, all totally random, anything from a cook at a gas station to a website/product reviewer to an administrative assistant. I also put up an ad on Craigslist for an editing/proofreading service and will probably be proofreading this lady's self-published memoir in January. It's kind of fun to scrounge around for ways to make money. If I can pull together $400 a month, I should be fine.

Today we cleaned for most of the day. We started out at the Lodge and then went to Bamboo Gate, which was awesome! It's painstaking to clean, but it's so beautiful, in a "rustic" way. The main building is a four-bedroom plantation house, and then there are two studio rooms, a cottage, and a two-story treehouse (I know, right?!). Everything Rick owns is decorated really artistically, with lots of open spaces, hardwood floors, warm colors, antiques, and that cool weathered-looking paint.

We also went to the laundromat. It's a rip-off.

And that is actually all we did today.

No comments: