Friday, December 12, 2008

Verdict: Paia

We've decided, we're going to do the work trade. We talked to the girl who's currently working for Retha, and she allayed all our concerns and said it was a nice, relaxed job. Since that would only cover rent, we'll still have to find part-time work, but we have enough in savings to make it at least until business picks up a little and places might be hiring. If I get the Maui Dive Shop job, I'll most likely turn it down. I know, right, I'm crazy. But I didn't come here to commit my life to a job, whether it seems like the most awesome one in the world or not. If I learned anything from Axel's, it's that jobs that force me to be someone I'm not and require tons of detailed training are not happy. It's funny, a large part of the reason I came here was to challenge myself, to suck it up, deal with the difficulties, and be a better person for it, but I'm quickly realizing that I could actually flourish and be happy instead. How pleasant.

And, as Jeanie said, this is probably our only ticket to stay in Paia. I really, really want to stay in Paia. We're going to set up a p.o. box today. It's awesome to put down roots! :)

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

yay. we're putting down our roots!