Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas! And what a strange Christmas it is--even back on the mainland with all that crazy snow!

Jeanie and I worked a bit this morning. Retha says she will pay us when we go above the hours we need for rent, so that's great. It was supposed to be a straight trade because Rick doesn't want to pay cash any more, but apparently they need us badly enough. I was imagining a lot of awkward confrontational conversations beginning with, "Um, we've already worked 20 hours more than we're supposed to this week."

Tonight we are planning to go to a candle-light service at Hope Chapel and then maybe meet up with Holly at Longhi's. And then open presents at midnight. I got a package from my parents the other day (and promptly got teary).

It's raining. It's sunny, too. No wonder there are so many rainbows here.

We were driving back from Kahului this afternoon with a Jeep in front of us, and I swear the girl sitting in the back seat was taking pictures of our car with her phone. She might have been capturing the mountains behind us, but I'd like to think she was like, "Woah, a real island car" and snapped one for her scrapbook.


Here is a picture because I miss Doogie and want to pretend he's here with me:

No comments: